The Search is On!
Try out date: March 24
Back up date if rained out: April 7
SIMA is very excited to offer the fifth annual New Junior Driver Program. We appreciate the interest in our program and invite you to contact us if you have any further questions regarding the shoot out or the racing program itself. We can be reached at email@example.com or by calling Claudia Carpentier at 360-988-5104. Please read the the following information before proceeding.
- The shootout will be rescheduled in case of rain.
- A couple of weeks prior to the shootout, you will receive a confirmation email with your appointed day and time slot.
- Each driver must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Driver must be between the ages of 5-7 years old between the months of April to October of 2019.
- Driver must not have any kart racing experience.
- Shoot out is free. $10 insurance band is applicable to driver and accompanied family members.
If my child wins a scholarship, what are the additional registration fee's that apply?
By winning one of the ten scholarships, your child will be offered a complete racing kart package, racewear, consumables and general maintenance to use in the SIMA Summer Series and practice sessions. This is valued at approximately $4000 per child. Registration fees for the 7 races and 7 practice sessions are $700 plus taxes. No refunds will be granted for missed races and sessions. Price includes insurance passes for driver only.
When and where are the races held?
The races are all held at SIMA. The races will be held in conjunction with the 2019 SIMA Series (Club Races) and one Gold Cup Race (Regional Race). The SIMA Series race days are an all day Saturday event and the Gold Cup event is a Saturday, Sunday event. The Kid Kart class will run in between other classes from approximately 12:00pm to 4:30pm. Due to the popularity of this shoot out and SIMA's investment, each child is expected to attend every race and practice event. The schedule of events are listed below (dates still tbd):
90 Minute Practice Sessions
October 5 & Banquet